Congratulations on your engagement!
St. Mary Mother of God Parish requires all engaged couples to go through an intensive marriage preparation process that will prepare them not just for their wedding day, but more importantly, their marriage! As soon as you are engaged, please contact the parish office at least six (6) months prior to the marriage date. Nine (9) months to one (1) year is preferred.
The first thing to do is to call the parish office to set a date for the wedding ceremony.
- Meet with the Wedding Administrative Coordinator to discuss the marriage preparation guidelines and procedures.
- Meet with the Deacon to complete the Pre-Nuptial Questionnaire (and other relevant documents that may apply).
- Pay the $100 non-refundable deposit to secure the date of your wedding ceremony.
Each engaged couple will be required to participate in the following marriage preparation procedures:
Archdiocese of Milwaukee Online Marriage Preparation Conference
The Marriage Preparation Conference is an online series of talks (videos) that engaged couples will watch at their convenience. The conference covers a variety of important topics that include:
- God’s Dream for Marriage
- Practicals for a 21st Century Marriage
- Natural Family Planning
- Praying Together
Optional supplemental videos may include:
- Interfaith Marriage
- Tips for Spiritually Preparing for Your Wedding Day
- Thriving in Marriage with Dual Careers
- Communication Tools for Married Couples
FOCCUS – Facilitating Open Couple Communication Understanding and Study
FOCCUS is a self-diagnostic inventory designed to help couples learn more about themselves and their unique relationship. It is not a test nor is it meant as a predictor of success or failure in a marriage. It is a tool to help couples name and work through issues before marriage. Couples will be assigned a FOCCUS Mentor Couple drawn from the parish. This mentor couple will act as a facilitator for the process of reading through the report of the FOCCUS Inventory.
Theology of the Body
Theology of the Body will help you to understand God’s unique purpose for each of us as a human person, body and soul. It will also help each of us understand how you come together to formulate and to understand the vocation of marriage. This required Theology of the Body informational session is offered through the Parish four times each year.